Mouse and touchpad settings dialog layout

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Sun May 22 14:23:07 CEST 2011

Folks,

I've written most of the xfsettingsd code [1] to handle device
properties and other stuff, time to start the discussion what we want
to show in the interface.

Here's my initial idea: http://mocha.xfce.org/~nick/proposal/pointersmokup2.png

Obviously the tabs of touchpad (synaptics) and tablet (wacom) hide
when the selected device is not of that type. There are a lot of
different device settings like working area and other advanced stuff,
however xfsettingsd can handle this so we can always provide a
property editor (or use xfconf-query) for this and not show it in the
general interface.

So the question is, what settings do we want in the interface? String changes?

Nick

[1] http://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-settings/log/?h=nick/pointers