Blocking bugs for Xfce-oriented distros

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 27 17:53:11 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:44:33AM +0100, Nick Schermer wrote:
> Packagers,
>
> A number of large distributions that use Xfce as their main desktop
> have 4.8 packed in their testing/beta images and live cd's; zenwalk,
> xubuntu and xfce fedora spin to name a few. Now since all packagers
> read this list I'd like to know what *blocking* bugs they have.
>
> We know about trash on Xfdesktop, but any other stuff that needs to be
> fixed before the final versions are released? Also in non-core
> modules? Probably most of the bugs have been reported here and there,
> but I'd like to make a small list (on the wiki) of critical bugs we
> need to resolve; because Jannis and I and probably other developers too
> got a bit lost in the recent bug flow and I think we can coordinate
> this a bit better if the have a priority list (with milestones, people
> who work on it and status) of common bugs and plugins/apps that
> stopped working in 4.8.
>
> Please report a bug first if there is none, and post the link in this
> discussion with a small description of the problem.

I don't want to speak out of turn since I'm not the Xfce package
maintainer for Fedora (yet ;) ... ) but I do contribute to the Fedora
Xfce Spin and I think its potentially a little early to identify show
blockers in our space as the general state of Rawhide is still a bit of a
"fluid concept" but we do have a Test Day scheduled for 2011-02-17[0] and
hope to obtain more testing feedback from that venue. I imagine any influx
of bugs will happen at that time. Many thanks for bringing up this topic!

-AdamM

[0] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/157