Questions on Xfce4.8 installation

Navaneeth.K.N navaneethkn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 18:48:31 CET 2011

Hello,

Just installed the new version (4.8) and works great. Thanks for the
great product. I have installed this on my Arch Linux. But the new
version is not yet available on the fedora repositories. So I am
planning to compile & install Xfce from the fat tarball provided. I
have following questions,

1 - Some components requires garcon but this was not available as part
of the fat tarball. I had to download it from Git. Is this expected?
2 - I am running Xfce4.6 on this fedora machine. Can I install new
version to a different directory, something like /home/me/xfce4.8 and
start it from there? Can it work side by side with 4.6?
3 - How can I start Xfce from the newly installed directory?

Any help would be great!

--
Navaneeth