testing panel plugins

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 18:58:49 CET 2011

Hi Florian,

2011/1/18 Florian Rivoal <frivoal at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> In 4.6, you used to  be able to put .desktop files for panel plugins in
> ~/.local/share/xfce4/panel-plugins, but that doen't seem to work anymore in
> 4.8. ~/.local/share/xfce4/panel/plugins doesn't seem to work either (at
> least for 4.6 style plugins). How are you supposed to do this now?

I don't understand what you are trying to achieve. If you put desktop
files in the panel config dir, for 4.6, what are you expecting?

If you are trying to put desktop files in order to add them in the
configuration panel, you still needed to modify the "panels.xml"
configuration file. Now this configuration file has migrated to xfconf
however.

>  - Florian

Kind Regards
--