Xfce 4.10 entering planning phase

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 18 18:43:28 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:36:06AM +0900, Florian Rivoal wrote:
> >>As for libxfcegui4 "deprecation", work has to be done in all panel
> >>plugins to update them to use libxfce4ui. I know frivoal volunteered
> >>to overhaul the plugins in the coming months, but i think there's
> >>quite some work in this area, as some of them are more or less
> >>abandoned. Those tasks are easy pie for new contributors who would
> >>like to get familiar with xfce codebase, so more ppl in this area
> >>would be welcomed ! :)
>
> There is a fair amount of work, that's true. I am making slow but
> steady progress on this, and this should speed up a bit now that 4.8
> is out.
>
> But you're right: I have a lot of plugins on my hands, and fixing
> these is an easy task for beginners. I don't mind doing all of them,
> but there are some plugins I don't really have personal interest in,
> so if there are volunteers, there is definitely room for more people
> in this area.
<SNIP>

I'm likely to be a beginner very soon, I posted in the #xfce-dev irc
channel about obtaining access to the development docs and was told that
they will be out in a few days time. Once that is done I would be like
to get familiar with the APIs and then would happily submit patches for
the plugins.

-AdamM