Installer for 4.8 ready for testing

Ernesto Acosta elav at ipichcb.rimed.cu
Mon Jan 17 16:31:17 CET 2011

On 01/17/2011 07:54 AM, Nick Schermer wrote:
> I've created an installer for 4.8 with the following packages:
>
>   exo 0.6.0
>   gtk-xfce-engine 2.8.0
>   libxfce4ui 4.8.0
>   libxfce4util 4.8.1
>   garcon-0.5.1
>   thunar 1.2.0
>   xfce-utils 4.8.0
>   tumbler-0.1.6
>   terminal-0.4.5
>   xfce4-appfinder 4.8.0
>   xfce4-panel 4.8.0
>   xfce4-session 4.8.0
>   xfce4-settings 4.8.0
>   xfconf 4.8.0
>   xfdesktop 4.8.0
>   xfwm4 4.8.0
>
> It's available here for testing: http://foo-projects.org/~nick/installers/
>
> No thunar-volman, thunar-vfs and libxfcegui4. Those or either
> deprecated or not cross-platform enough.
>
> Let me know if it works, so we can eventually move it to archive.xfce.org.
>
> Nick

Greetings:
I have installed LMDE (Linux Mint Debian Edition) which uses the Debian
Testing repositories. I downloaded the. run Xfce 4.8 and when I try to
install I get this error in terminal:

Checking for GLib (GModule) >= 2.6.0... not found, see
/home/elav/.xfce4.installer-log for details

I searched the logs:

## Checking for GLib (GModule) >= 2.6.0
pkg-config --atleast-version=2.6.0 glib-2.0 gmodule-2.0
!! Please install GLib 2.6.0 or above and the GLib development files. It is
!! important that you install GModule, which is part of GLib as well. GLib
!! can be downloaded from http://www.gtk.org/.

  and the packages I have installed need not, however, I have installed
this package whose description reads:

i A gir1.0-glib-2.0 - Introspection data for GLib, GObject, Gio and
GModule

--
Saludos: *Ernesto Acosta*
/Linux Registered User:/ *3468707*