TODO post 4.8

jp.guillemin jp.guillemin at free.fr
Mon Jan 17 13:40:36 CET 2011

On 01/17/2011 12:30 PM, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:19:02 +0100
> "jp.guillemin"<jp.guillemin at free.fr>  wrote:
>

>> I would suggest to also add the Trash feature to xfdesktop asap, just
>> my 2 cents...
>>
> I don't know what you mean. The trash works, the icon is just not
> updated when there are items in it. That's a known bug but the trash is
> there and it works (if GVfs is installed, that is).

I rarely access the trash starting from Thunar, especially to empty it,
and that's not just me. When the Trash is handling some files while
still showing as "empty" on the Desktop : the "Empty Trash" desktop
right-click menu item is also disabled : This is not consistent, and a
very visible bug. Xfdesktop is also still carrying some other "visible"
bugs ... probably noticed very quickly by any new user or reviewer.

btw : in my opinion : the "3rd thing" ( :) ) that will be noticed by a
new XFCE user is that launchers appear as "XXX.desktop" on the desktop
(ie : the file thethunarlancher.desktop will be shown as a
"thethunarlancher.desktop" launcher icon instead of a "Thunar" launcher
icon : this doesn't look "clean" imho.

So if you tell me that XFCE 4.8 provides great improvements over 4.6.x :
obviously yes !

but Xfdesktop is not finished, and Xfdesktop is the most "visible" part
of XFCE.

JP