xfce documentation

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at xfce.org
Wed Jan 12 19:18:25 CET 2011

Hi Brock,

2011/1/11 Brock Hudson <escapingsummer at gmail.com>:
> I have been a long user of xfce, and I am an avid reader of
> documentation, however I noticed that 4.6 is missing documentation and
> under the development tab on the website it stated that documentation
> "needed some love" along with information on requesting to help. I
> would like to help with documentation if at all possible.

Currently we are in a phase where documentation for Xfce 4.8 is almost
inexistent.

You can copy the documentation from Xfce 4.6 (which for some
components is a copy from 4.4) to have a starting point.

Furthermore, documentation is ment to be migrated inside the specially
crafted xfce4-docs git repository, so some minimal git knowledge is
most certainly needed.
You can find instructions for writers and developpers at the following
Wiki section:
http://wiki.xfce.org/documentation

I started the pages about a month ago. I invite you to go through them
to have a good idea of how documentation should be set up :)

If you have questions for getting started with a git clone repo for
example or how to submit your changes (hint: "git format-patch origin"
to create patches of your commits), feel free to ask.

Kind Regards
--
Mike