Looking for new archive.xfce.org mirrors

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 16:29:47 CET 2011

Xfce users,

Last week we've changed the mirror layout for archive.xfce.org, to
avoid the downtime we had during the 4.6.0 release. We now have 3 good
mirrors online in Europe (2 in Belgium and 1 in Sweden), 2 are in the
process for the USA. All the websites moved to another, non-mirror,
server.

This means we have Europe covered enough and North America is decent,
but South America, Africa, Asia and Australia don't have their own
mirrors yet.

So, if you have a good server that can host a mirror in these
continents or know someone else, contact us!

These are the requirements:
- Hourly sync over rsync.
- Virtual-host setup to accept archive.xfce.org (for round-robin) and
archive.XX.xfce.org (direct access).
- The archive is currently ~6GB in size.
- Should be hosted on a decent server with a good connection.
- Data transfer is estimated at around 2,5GB a day (we've just started
actually monitoring this and it will be higher during major releases).

Now you all know we're still on track to release Xfce 4.8.0 this
weekend, so some additional mirrors are very welcome!

Cheers,
The Xfce Development Team