Newbie Working On Xfce-Panel Documentation

Brock Hudson escapingsummer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 18:14:55 CET 2011

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 18:46:42 -0600
"S. Miller" <shara.miller at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just wanted to say hello and to let you all know that I'm taking a
> stab at contributing to the xfce-panel documentation. After emailing
> both Jérôme and Nick (as well as reading and messing about with
> Mallard), I'm currently working on my first revision of additions to
> the panel documentation. I have no real plan as far as what order I'm
> going to work on the different topics, but right now I'm starting
> with the Panel section (Add New Plugins / Prefs / Getting Started /
> Theming). After I'm done I'm going to post a patch of the additions /
> changes on Bugzilla for testing and reviewing.
>
> Is there anyone already working on anything within the panel docs? I
> don't want to duplicate anyone's work. Also, are there any other
> technical writing resources besides Gnome's software writing
> handbook? I've found some resources, but they don't focus on writing
> documentation for end-users specifically.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Shara

Regarding documentation, I would like to help with it as well. I am one
of the few in the Xfce SIG within Fedora leading the way in
documentation and I would like to also contribute to Xfce anyway I can.
A fellow Fedora user and I have started an Xfce Users Guide which lays
out the environment from an end users standpoint (For newbies) we have
documented 4.8 and are planning to have the manual ready for Fedora's
next release (I wish it were a rolling distro tbh). I could possibly
make this Manual distro agnostic and submit it in Xfce's documentation
as a 4.8 user guide.