#xfce-dev IRC channel

Jérôme Guelfucci jeromeg at xfce.org
Wed Feb 9 23:10:16 CET 2011

Hello,

I would like to start a discussion about invite-only in the IRC
#xfce-dev channel and admin permissions.

I would like to get this restriction removed because I don't think it
brings any advantages and makes it difficult for people who want to get
involved in Xfce to get in touch with us. Setting good rules could be
enough to preserve the channel atmosphere.

At the moment, Olivier is the only active member who has rights to
remove this restriction. This brings another question: a while ago I
registered an Xfce group at Freenode, this group owns the #xfce chnnale.
We could ask the Freenode staff to attach the #xfce-dev channel to this
group so that all core members can have the needed permissions.

What do you all think about this?

Cheers,

Jérôme