Maintainers for some of my projects wanted

Matthew Brush mbrush at codebrainz.ca
Fri Dec 9 04:34:00 CET 2011

On 12/08/2011 02:39 PM, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> I am looking for a new maintainer for some of the open source projects
> I started over the last couple of years. Due to taking a full-time
> position as a software engineer, I will have less spare time to hack in
> the near future than I had while being a student. I will continue
> contributing to Xfce but I would like to focus on core development
> (thunar, tumbler, garcon etc.).
[...]
> xfce4-mixer is particularly interesting, I think. It’s code base is of
> medium size and it lacks integration with notification daemons, key
> bindings for muting and altering the volume of a selected channel.
> Also, the per-channel widgets could be arranged in better ways than
> they are right now. PulseAudio support has been requested several times
> but that is an entirely different story. xfce4-mixer is mainly intended
> as a mixer for GStreamer. A PulseAudio mixer would better be written
> from scratch. But if anyone is up for the task - why not!

Hi,

I'm interested in xfce4-mixer since I like working with multimedia
hardware interfaces/libraries and I also like programming with the "G"
libraries (including GStreamer).

To be honest though, I have no idea how much work is involved in
maintaining it and I fear I might not have enough time to do so
properly.  Can you elaborate on the type and quantity of work you spend
(or feel should be spent) in maintaining it besides the tasks you
mentioned needed attention?

Cheers,
Matthew Brush