ristretto string review

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Sun Dec 4 06:01:25 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Matt x <edelstahl at gmx.us> wrote:
> Stephan Arts,
>   That sounds like something I could do, and would be willing to, but I
> wouldn't know where to start.   Would you point me in the right direction?
> -Matt

Matt,

You need 2 things:

- Download the .po template from transifex:
https://translations.xfce.org/projects/p/ristretto/c/master/view/po/untitled.pot/
- Clone the master branch from git.

Every string is prefixed with msgid, and then the string. The line(s)
above it describe the location of these strings in the source-code.

For example:

> #: ../src/main_window.c:278
> msgid "Show file properties"
> msgstr ""

Now, lets say this string is wrong. Then you open the file
./src/main_window.c, navigate to line 278, and on that line (or close
to it) you find this string defined between these _(" ") parenthesis.
Change it to something appropriate, and commit the results.

After that, use git format-patch to generate a patch-file that you can
submit to a bug on bugzilla.

HTH,

Stephan