Command to un-hiding the xfce4 panel (4.6)

Tiny Pliny tinypliny at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 15:09:19 CEST 2011

Hi,
I am trying to create a keyboard shortcut (super key) to activate and
unhide the xfce4 panel in xfce 4.6. However, I am not sure what
command unhides the panel in xfce 4.6. On the xfce user forums
(Please see: http://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?pid=22755) another
user suggested:

xfconf-query -c xfce4-panel -p /panels/panel-0/autohide -s false
xfconf-query -c xfce4-panel -p /panels/panel-0/autohide -s true

However, this doesn't work in xfce 4.6. I am getting this message:
Property "/panels/panel-0/autohide" does not exist on channel
"xfce4-panel".  If a new property should be created, use the --create
option.

I tried reading through the xconf-query specifications to see how I
could create this but have been unsuccessful thus far. It would really
increase my productivity if I could activate the xfce4 panel without
using the mouse and use the keyboard alone. Any help, pointers or
guidance is really appreciated.

Thanks very much for your time!