xfwm4 version 4.6.2 does not work with Xinerama?

TRINH Minh Hieu mhtrinh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 00:17:08 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have Arch Linux with Nvidia Quadro FX 4600, driver 256.53 and Xfce 4.6.2
and Xorg 1.9. I have 2 monitors : 1280x1024 and 1680x1050, next to each
other.
I tried to use with Xinerama : very unstable. Xfce session run but buggy :
when I move my cursor from monitor 1 to monitor 2, if  I for farer that 2-3
cm on the monitor 2, the cursor become ghost like (blink) and move around
very quick.  More problem : as soon as I run emacs or kate (Qt based ?) ,
the X server crash (segmentation fault). I cannot run kdm : X server crash
and restart continously.

I saw in some forum that Xinerama is "decapricated" ... So I switch to
Twinview by nvidia-setting. For me Twinview have the same result than
Xinerama : two monitor next to each other. It is stable, no more Xorg crash,
no weird mouse or window behavior.

About panel : I have 2 panels on bottom of each monitor. There is a bug on
panel 2 : I have a "Workspace switcher" on it. The properties "Number of
row" doesnt work. It only show 1 row. When I add a new "Workspace switcher"
on a new panel, I can set the number of row to 2. But as soon I reboot, it
show only one row. Meanwhile the Workspace switcher on panel 1 is OK. May be
I have to put this on bugzilla ?

Hope this will help, regards,

    mhtrinh