Xfce, GTK+ 3.0 and GSettings

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 20:29:51 CET 2010

Denis,

With all above explained and somewhat post-phoned till 4.12 we sorta
blocked you way in to get familiar with the Xfce code base.
This is obviously not our intention and we'd love to guide you (and
others reading this!) around, because there is enough to get started
with and an extra contributor/developer/hacker (give it a name) is
something Xfce could really use.

In fact, basically every other task is a better way to get started
with Xfce then porting code; that's just search/replace and struggling
with though bugs (and introduce a lot of new ones).

So while our focus is now on getting 4.8 ready for release, feel free
to look and ask around in the wiki/bug tracker/things you miss or even
better report/fix bugs for 4.8 ;-). Till (and short after) the 4.8
release we will fill the 4.10 schedule on the wiki too; I'm sure, if
you want to help, we can find something suitable and guide you through
the process.

Cheers,
Nick and, although they did not confirmed this ^_^, the other core developers.