exo & dependencies

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Mon May 3 09:46:40 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Evaggelos Balaskas
<ebalaskas at ebalaskas.gr> wrote:
> what about xfwm4 ?
>
> $ grep -i exo configure.ac.in
>
> [nothing]
>
> $ ./autogen.sh
> $ make

That's two different things, one is the runtime dependency, ie the
binary requires the libexo to be installed, while the other is a build
dependency, ie you need some tools provided by exo to complie the
source (well actually, that's not even true, you need exo-source to
generate the source of the UI from the XML description (*) so that's
required *only* when building from git, the source tarball we ship do
not need that as the generated file is included)

Cheers,
Olivier.

(*) which for me is pure nonsense since the main benefit of using
libglade or gtkbuilder is to be able to change the UI without
recompiling, which is not possible with the way we do, ie include the
UI description in the executable.