August vacation

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Wed Jul 28 12:45:29 CEST 2010

Hey folks,

I'll be on vacation the entire August from next Thursday (2010-08-03)
on. I will have no internet access the entire month, so anything that
requires my attention will have to wait until early September.

Once I'm back I think we can approach two major projects:

  * Xfce 4.8, delayed until it's ready, seems reachable now. Menu
    monitoring is the next thing I am going to finish. Thunar,
    thunar-volman and exo have dropped the HAL dependency. xfdesktop
    and xfce4-session need to be revised once again to make sure they
    no longer depend on anything we no longer want to depend on. The
    rest seems more or less ready. 2010 shall see Xfce 4.8pre1 at
    least. ;)

  * Xfce Foundation e.V.: I've been chatting with the KDE president
    Cornelius Schumacher and received friendly permission to re-use
    their articles of association. A first draft modified to match Xfce
    is almost ready on my laptop. I'm sure we'll be able to push this
    project forward and, should everyone agree that a non-profit
    organization is a good idea, hopefully sign the documents together
    at next year's FOSDEM.

That's it, enjoy hacking/translating/testing while I'm away and
don't break anything. ;)

Cheers,
Jannis