Editor for xfce4

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 21 18:07:08 CET 2010

Am Samstag, den 20.02.2010, 21:11 +0600 schrieb Alexander Kuleshov:
> Hi to all.
>
> Once the mailing list recently had a conversation about the
> development of the editor XFCE4 -  mousepad and during the
> conversation, we realized that the main purpose of the project
> mousepad is the ease and simplicity. But often there are cases when
> you need the editor to other more advanced features. Of course in the
> world, there is a wide choice of various text editors for code and I
> decided to race mousepad aims at easy and simple why not create
> another editor for XFCE which is targeted at richer features than the
> mousepad. Certainly mousepad convenient, but for me and i think that
> many people who use XFCE  lacks some features such as tabs may be
> highlighted code and more.

Have you looked at beaver? http://www.nongnu.org/beaver/
How about helping them instead of starting a new project.

> I began to develop such an editor for XFCE which would be easy and
> simple but at the same time, and powerful. At the moment I released
> the version of the editor entitled Incedit 0.1.0
>  Incedit written with python / pygtk currently no extra libraries are
> not used.

AFAIK all Xfce components should be written in C and use
libxfcegui4/libxfce4ui. Not sure if this is an official rule though.

If you want to use pygtk, have a look at medit.
http://mooedit.sourceforge.net/

I don't want to encourage you, but IMHO you are better off in
contributing to the projects that already exist.

Regards,
Christoph