Xfce web site maintenance

Jérôme Guelfucci jeromeg at xfce.org
Mon Feb 1 23:30:25 CET 2010

Hello all,

At the beginning of this development cycle I had volunteered to take
care of the maintenance of xfce.org. Unfortunately, I have not been able
to give it as much time as it requires and things aren't going to
improve now that I started hacking a bit on xfce4-session and
xfce4-settings and real life stuff planned.

I would like to hand this task to someone else, I don't want to slow
things down here. I know Nick has been working on a branch to improve
the translation system but I really think core developers shouldn't take
care of things like that, their free time can be better used on Xfce
coding. It's a great way to get newcomers involved and there are a lot
of Web developers out there, I'm pretty sure we can find one who uses
Xfce and has some free time.

What do you guys think about this? I would particularly appreciate some
input from Auke (as our sysadmin) and Nick (as our Web site guru ^^),
but other inputs are of course welcome. If people agree with this idea,
I'm ready to write an email to the Xfce users list and a post in Planet
Xfce to try to find someone who would be interested, I could ask on
#xfce too.

Sorry again for this, but I think this will be far better on the long run.

Cheers,

Jérôme