LightDM

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 23:28:13 CET 2010

Hi Robert,

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 2:18 AM, Robert Ancell <robert.ancell at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You may or may not be aware of my project to create a new display
> manager, LightDM [1].  The project is in an alpha state where I can
> run LightDM as my display manager, but it needs more work.
>
> If you are interested, I am actively interested in supporting the XFCE
> project in getting LightDM working well.  I will also be proposing
> LightDM for use in Ubuntu in Maverick+1 and GNOME in 3.0.
>
> What I need from you:
> - Feedback!
> - Tell me what features XFCE needs.
> - How to fit in with the XFCE release schedule.
> - Keep bugging me until all the roadblocks are gone.  You can send me
> an email every day if you like with the list of bugs that are stopping
> it from working in XFCE. :)

I appreciate you working on this, and appreciate you reaching out to various
desktops to see what features they need.  It sounds like a useful project.

I have a question, though.  There's currently discussion within the Ubuntu
docs team about Unity documentation and the Canonical contributor's
agreement. To contribute docs that are accepted into Unity trunk,
contributors would need to sign the Canonical agreement.  Would
contributions to LightDM (documentation or otherwise) require the
contributor to sign the Canonical contributor agreement before those
contributions could be accepted into the LightDM trunk?

Thanks very much,

Jim