[Goodies-dev] Panel plugins status for the 4.8 panel

Florian Rivoal frivoal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 17:07:53 CET 2010

> I've rebuilt quite some plugins for Debian, and the only one I had
> issues with is the weather plugin. On the other ones it was usually
> enough to add explicit linking to libxfcegui4.

Yes, for the plugins I've looked at, thhat's usually enough. Some times,
explicitly including headers for libxfcegui4 is needed too, but that's
about it.

> For people interested:
>
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-xfce/goodies/branches/experimental/#_goodies_branches_experimental_

That's great. I needed to do that, but I am glad you've been through it
already. If you have enough time, could you submit patches in bugzilla for
the fixes you've made? That would make each patch easier to pick up for
me, and easier for you to track when you can drop your patches because
they've been included in a new release.

If you're short on time, I'll go pick them from the link you submitted.
But with all due respect to debian, xfce's bugzilla is an easier place to
keep track of this rather than every distro's patch system.

  - Florian