Xfce 4.8 entering string freeze / schedule information

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Mon Dec 6 11:33:44 CET 2010

Hey,

please avoid top posting.

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 13:20:45 +0300
Yuriy Tertichnyy <yuterbox at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can not ask the developers of my distribution. I am using LFS. I
> have installed the gvfs-1.6.6 and can browse the network in the
> Thunar.
>
> > Those two functions you mentioned are not empty.
>
> For example, consider the function g_volume_mount_finish:
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/tree/gio/gvolume.c#n340
>
> Here http://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/tree/gio/gvolume.c#n373 :
>
> iface = G_VOLUME_GET_IFACE (volume);
> return (* iface->mount_finish) (volume, result, error);
>
> When working on Linux iface->mount_finish calls
> g_unix_volume_mount_finish.

First of all, let me say that the mount_finish function does not
perform the actual mount operation. It usually only fills the GError
if there was an error during mounting.

Another thing: I think GUnixVolume is only used for mounts that are
specified in /etc/fstab or that belong to partitions on your regular
hard drives. For things such as USB sticks and CD drives, your system
most likely uses GduVolumeMonitor from GVfs.

  http://git.gnome.org/browse/gvfs/tree/monitor/gdu

> Hmm... I see my removable devices in the file selection dialog in
> Midori.

If the issue is not that mounting doesn't work but that you don't see
partitions in the side pane of Thunar, then the reason is that Thunar
hides everything that GIO assumes can not be mounted/ejected by the
current user. So local partitions that can only mounted by root etc. are
not displayed.

  - Jannis