LightDM

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 08:09:04 CEST 2010

2010/8/25 Robby Workman <rw at rlworkman.net>:
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:24:36 +1000
> Robert Ancell <robert.ancell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > I won't speak for Xfce, but for me, problem number one is early:
>> >
>> >  Run autogen.sh:
>> >  "You need to install gnome-common from the GNOME CVS"
>> >
>> > I understand that this won't be required at runtime, so from a
>> > *user* point of view, it's irrelevant.  However, I'd prefer not
>> > to require gnome-common for non-gnome software.
>>
>> This is purely due to my limited autotools knowledge.  If you know
>> know what to change here to drop this dependency please let me know.
>

> Heh.  I don't grok autotools well enough to even bother with it.
> gnome-common is too easy to install :-)

On Xfce we are depending on xfce4-dev-tools when building from git, so
the deal is the same and there is no reason for you to drop
gnome-common. If you remove the dependency nonetheless, you will have
to rewrite configure.ac to your need with only m4 macros provided by
autotools. gnome-common and xfce4-dev-tools are providing one-line
macros to ease your life...

My 2 cents
--
Mike