Fork FXCE

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 16:20:02 CEST 2010

Hey guys,

I want to let you know about a fork that is now available on github, it's a
brick of several core components and applications from LXDE and XFCE world
to get the best out without working or sharing work together [?]

If you want to join you are more than welcome.

The forked core components consist of:

   - The window manager xfwm4 of course but rewritten with clutter to get
   many aspects from GNOME shell
   - The panel from Xfce
   - A new desktop application written with clutter that has icon packing
   ability
   - Thunar as file manager

There is still a lot to do especially with DBUS to get better interactions
between the desktop and the default file manager but I am very enthusiast
about the project.

To visit the website go to http://github.com/m8t/FXCE.

Best Regards!
--