xfce4-docs update

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Wed Sep 23 00:21:17 CEST 2009

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:27:47 -0500
Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at gmail.com> wrote:

> With regards to the Xfce-specific python module, is it something that
> other rST-based projects could use if faced with a similar situation?
> Or is it coded in such a way to really only be beneficial to our
> particular setup?  If it is the former, is it possible to not include
> xfce in the module name and usage?

It doesn't have anything related to Xfce hard-coded, so yeah, it would
be possible to use this module in other projects. It's only really
useful for projects with several independent components though. But if
we package it independently anyway, I wouldn't mind giving it a
different name.

> I noticed that there are a lot of GNOME or KDE-specific python modules
> up on the site you linked to, so feel free to disregard this if it
> isn't relevant (or if it isn't practical).

The site is a general python module archive, so it's not suprising that
they also have a few GNOME and KDE modules there. ;)

> I would have to think up a new link syntax . . .  :extlink:, :extlnk:
> or :cxdoclink: come to mind.  (The last option would come across as
> "cross-doc link.").

How about :crossref:? :ext...: sounds like it is capable of linking to
arbitrary URIs, which the module doesn't support. Anyway, we can still
sort out the naming issue later, first I need some feedback on the
xfce4-dev-tools stuff I talked about earlier in the mail.

  - Jannis