XfceSMClient progress

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 14:57:27 CEST 2009

2009/9/17 Brian J. Tarricone <brian at tarricone.org>:
> Hi guys,
>
> So I decided to drop support for SmRestartAnyway and SmRestartNever for
> the reasons I mentioned before (better for apps to use XDG autostart for
> that).  Any objections?

Mmh, could it be realistic to add some convention functions to install
such a desktop file? Coming to my mind is something like:

xfce_autostart_set(string name, string exec, bool hidden) to create or
modify the file name.desktop in the user's autostart directory.
xfce_autostart_set_full(string name, ...) for the ones who like to set
all info e.g. DESCRIPTION, "", EXEC, "", ICON, "", NULL.

What I currently did with autostart stuff was within clipman, I
install an autostart file system-wide that defaults to hidden=true,
and then copy it to the user's home directory and switch the hidden
key by some condition.

Cheers,
Mike