cpufreq in the power manager

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:04:51 CEST 2009

On 9/15/09, Brian J. Tarricone <brian at tarricone.org> wrote:
> No, it doesn't.  It lets you choose some profiles like "maximum
>  performance" and "best battery life".  While it may, in the background,
>  amount to tweaking something similar to Linux's CPU frequency governor,
>  it's wrapped up in a nice abstraction that explains, in simple terms,
>  the *effect* of changing the setting.  A dropdown list marked "CPU
>  Frequency Governor" is just terrible UI.

As you point it out, choosing a profile or a governor amounts to
similar background effect. From what I remember, the latter 0.6*
versions of xfpm presented the choices of governors in intuitive
profile-like terms. We could easily consider governor choice as
profile choice, and such options are present in Windows, too.
Liviu