cpufreq in the power manager

Simon Naunton snaunton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 09:24:28 CEST 2009

> The bottom line is that the average GUI-using user should never ever
> *ever* need to touch these settings.

You get to change this setting in the must user/GUI oriented OS OS X
(at least in 10.4.x on PowerPC) though. Actually made quite a
difference to battery life on my iBook G4 .

To a certain extent I disagree with you. I am not an "average
GUI-using user" and *understand* governors and how to change them from
the command line, but I'll be bu**ered if I can remember off the top
of my head exactly how to do it. I'd rather spend my linux time
programming and actually using my computer for doing the stuff I
bought it for rather than configuring it.