client side windows testing?

Brian J. Tarricone brian at tarricone.org
Thu Sep 10 21:39:55 CEST 2009

On 09/10/2009 12:35 PM, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:14:47 +0200
> Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm updating to the latest GLib and GTK+ releases right now to see if
>> these bugs still exist.
>
> Damn, they do. Any clues where to start looking?

I'd look for places in the icon view code that deal with widget->window
at all -- any place where there are assumptions about the GdkWindow
"belonging" to the icon view might cause problems.

I'm not sure about coordinate space -- I *think* you can still assume
that (0,0) is the top left of the *widget's portion* of the GdkWindow,
even if the GdkWindow is larger than the widget in question.

Also look at any use of cairo.  Resetting the clip region with cairo
might cause issues since that would reset it down to the full GdkWindow.
 Might be other things to look for there, but I'm not sure.

	-b