Wrapping the panel

Bo Lorentsen bl at lue.dk
Tue Sep 8 08:19:01 CEST 2009

Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> From what I remember C++ doesn't have interfaces at all (virtual
> methods are a poor substitute for that). Neither does it know about
> signals. I doubt that trying to map a GInterface to a C++ class with
> only virtual methods is going to work.

Well, this is how we (that mean the legacy from Jeff, too) do it in XFC.
I am not sure why virtual methods are a poor substitute for interfaces,
but that is another discussion, the important part is that it provide
polymorph behavior :-)

XFC uses libsigc++ for signals, so yes XFC (not C++ as such) know signals.

/BL