git passwd

Kees Scherpenhuijzen noik00 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 19:37:04 CET 2009

2009/10/27 Brian J. Tarricone <brian at tarricone.org>:
> Because you did something wrong?  Sorry, without a little more
> detailed info as to what you actually did, and the actual error
> messages you got, that's the only assumption I can make...
>
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 05:12, Kees Scherpenhuijzen <noik00 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> Why does the mail from maintainer at xfce.org with my account setup
>> confirmation, says i can change my password, but when i do i get a
>> permission denied?
>>
>> --
>> Kees

Well, i recently updated my old SVN account to the new GIT account,
using the form on foo-projects.org.
This time i included my SSH key, public one.

Then a few days later i got a email from maintainer at xfce.org stating
my account has been setup on git.xfce.org. With my public key provided
once more.

It also said my password isn't set yet, my acount didn't had a pass.
And i could set it with the command: ssh USERNAME at git.xfce.org passwd.

Doing that results in a permission denied. It looks just like he is
asking for a password. And not to enter a new password.

Here's a example from console:
[noik at localhost ~]$ ssh noik at git.xfce.org passwd
noik at git.xfce.org's password:
Permission denied, please try again.