[Help]: Question about compositing with xfwm4

andy wang wandy817 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 17:22:41 CEST 2009

Hi all,I have one question about 'compositing' with xfwm4.

In one shell, I start a new x server with Xephyr on 1.0 display:
Xephyr -ac :1.0

In another shell,
export DISPLAY=:1.0
I start xfwm4 and enable 'Enable display compositing' with
xfwm4-tweaks-settings.
then set background image with xli:
xli -onroot /usr/share/pixmaps/xx.png

Then drag any window , however, the background is coverd, looks like the
background was not re-painted yet(grey).

But if I use xfdesktop or disable compositing option, there is no problem.

I don't know why? and how to solve this problem with xli.

Thanks!
Black.Wang