XfceSMClient is done-ish

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 10:01:33 CEST 2009

2009/10/5 Brian J. Tarricone <brian at tarricone.org>:
> On 10/05/2009 08:03 AM, Nick Schermer wrote:
>> This is fine by me, but then I'd prefer you use the
>> same coding style are the other files. I know we don't have a hard
>> policy here, but use 1 style in each module is the least we can do....
>
> I've always been of the opinion that per-file style is fine for "shared"
> modules.  I know you did the vast majority of the work of putting
> libxfce4ui together (though much of the code was written by others), but
> I don't see how we can view it any differently than libxfce4util or
> libxfcegui4 in the ownership sense.
>
> Frankly, I find the coding style used in the rest of libxfce4ui as
> excessively verbose and annoying, and even sometimes difficult to read
> (both the two-space indents and weird brace indentation bother me).

A well, I knew this was gone happen, so I won't spend any words on it.

>> - XfceSMClientPriority are just defaults that 'make sense' right? use
>> #define (like G_PRIORITY_*) in that case or enum without typedef.
>
> It's questionable to really have any of those there aside from
> _DEFAULT... nothing outside Xfce should use anything < _DEFAULT anyway,
> so I might remove the whole thing and provide just one #define for
> _DEFAULT.  Dunno, tho.  I think they're potentially useful, even if just
> for us.

A couple of defaults are nice, they also give an idea what values are
used. You could even
use (XFCE_SM_CLIENT_PRIORITY_WM - 1) to start before the window
manager, which is nice.
Only the typedef is confusing since is not used in any of the api like
you already said.

>> - sm_client_singleton variable is not used right?
>
> No, it's used in the constructor.

Yeah, but it is always null...

Nick