XfceSMClient is done-ish

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Tue Oct 6 11:21:17 CEST 2009

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> If an app cares about network state, then it likely cares about network
> state changes that happen regardless of suspend/hibernate, so it should
> watch signals on the org.freedesktop.NetworkManager dbus interface.  I'm
> sure I could make a similar parallel for other services.

Network Manager exposes two methods, sleep and wake, those are to be
used by power manager or session manager (or any application that does
suspend/hibernate) before performing suspend/hibernate operations, then
as said, network manager takes the rest of the work to emit the
necessary signals for indication state_change, connection_change, etc... .

Cheers,
Ali.