building xfce4-panel from source

hasen hasan.aljudy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 03:30:56 CEST 2009

Hi, sorry if I sound like a newbie, because I am :)

I git-cloned the xfce4-panel repo, but when I run ./autogen.sh I get a
message saying I should install the exo-1 package.

I thought it's something I can install from the package repositories (linux
mint & ubuntu), but I tried to install exo-utils and libexo-0.3.0, which
obviously didn't work.

Where do I get the exo-1 package?

Also, what's the preferred way to hack xfce? Should I do it in a virtual
machine? What if I mess something up and my desktop becomes unusable?