[Goodies-dev] git repository layout

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Sun May 17 11:21:03 CEST 2009

2009/5/17 Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu>:
> On 05/17/2009 01:59 AM, Ali Abdallah wrote:
>>
>> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>>>
>>> * mousepad (No active maintainer for some time)
>>>

>> But Nick has an experimental branch of mousepad in git, don't he in this
>> way maintaining mousepad, probably this is a question for him.
>
> I don't consider 14 months of no commits as "active" ^_~.  Even if it were
> actively maintained, I don't think mousepad should be a core app.

This makes the whole core thing the "minimum apps that should be
needed to run a desktop", and that is a desktop like Windows 95 (:-P)
but without notepad, without cmd, without any actual real app that has
a window border, those are not core apps. Why not move core apps to
goodies, forget about goodies and rename it to the "git" repository,
like actually Benny once suggested, the two separate repos are not
essential and it is fine to have a single one just like GNOME has.

Mike