I'd like to Introduce myself to the Xfce Developer Community...

Leo Henslee III flacvest.identede at gmail.com
Tue May 5 12:28:22 CEST 2009

Hello,

My name is Leo Henslee III, I go by the handle FLACvest, and was introduced
to Xfce by psychocats' webpage review of Thunar. From there I gave the Batch
rename function a try, and finding it Tons faster than Crusty old Nautilus I
switched from GNOME to Xfce... Thus began my torrid little love affair...
Which brings me to you now.

I've met Erlend Davidson, who consequently introduced me to Thunar
Thumbnailers, and Gentoo, which I will ever be grateful...

I post to my blog http://amot.wordpress.com ---> Any Manner Of Things...

There's a large body of Xfce and Gentoo related topics on that blog.

I've been interested in getting to "know" Xfce better, learning some more
about how it works, and documenting the components and goodies...

I've read Jannis' efforts toward the Documentation Project and concur that's
a noble effort. I'm volunteering.

I'd like to learn to code, ideally, but until then I know US English very
well and know my way with Babel Fish well enough to help with translating to
English...

I love the idea of using Sphinx, as it makes use of a mature documentation
tool, and I have some other Ideas as well...

One of them is a Services Daemon for Xfce Proper... imagine Xfserviced... a
Services Daemon that would run in the background, autorespawning when it
dies, looking up helper plugins that could be called and run from a common
and uniform interface for all Xfce applications and Goodies... I take the
Idea of services from the generic concept of "Services" a la
Etoile-Project...

I've been writing and writing on tablets and plan to type up some proposals
for concepts that coders can use to help build a better Xfce Desktop
Environment with for say release 5 or 6...

Just for giggles I thinkd it would be cute to call Balou's favourite Desktop
Environment's development cycle "The Cheddar Wheel" to be punny... I'm just
that way. Hope that rubs you the right way.

Anyhoo...

I can be contacted at:

FLACvest dot identede at gmail dot com

I can be visited at: