[Xfce4-commits] r29924 - in xfce4-dev-tools/trunk: . m4macros

Brian J. Tarricone brian at tarricone.org
Mon May 4 10:04:09 CEST 2009

Hey all,

I added some flags to xfce4-dev-tools for when you do
--enable-debug=yes (or =full).  This means that some modules may fail
to compile with --enable-debug=full (because that enables -Werror).
I found this list in a post on planet gnome (though I can't find the
link now; I may have emailed the list about it before, though).

Please fix your modules so they compile with these warnings enabled.
I've already found a few actual bugs in some of my stuff by using
these, so they definitely are useful.  If there is a particular warning
flag that's causing you major difficulty, let's discuss it.  (Also, if
you know of other flags that might be useful, please bring them up.)

The list of added flags is below.  'man gcc' can tell you what they do
if you're curious.  The ones that start with '-Wno-' are ones that get
added in with '-Wextra' but are annoying and not really indicative of
bugs, so I've disabled them.

-Wall
-Wextra
-Wno-missing-field-initializers