xfce4-power-manager and battery settings

Alexander Toresson alexander.toresson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 23:13:28 CET 2009

2009/3/19 Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org>:
> On jeu, 2009-03-19 at 22:29 +0100, Liviu Andronic wrote:
>> Would there be a reason for not including Suspend in the list?
>
> Basically suspend is useless (it'll run out of bat anyway). I guess that
> might be the reason.

It would at least lengthen the remaining battery time.

One thing that might be useful however is hibernate/suspend hybrid
support; that is, write stuff to disk normally as with hibernate, but
go into suspend mode. If battery runs out, you can resume from the RAM
contents that were written to disk.

// Alexander