some quick notes on xfce4-power-manager 0.6.4

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Mon Mar 9 20:22:21 CET 2009

Mike Massonnet kirjoitti:
> Le Mon, 09 Mar 2009 17:59:43 +0100,
> Ali Abdallah <aliov at xfce.org> a écrit :
>
>> Auke Kok wrote:
>>>
>>> some notes about xfce4-power-manager -0.6.4:
>>>
>>> - double clicking the systray icon should call the preferences
>>> window
>> This is easy to add.
>
> The GtkStatusIcon doesn't have a signal to do this easily
> (double-click), so this is out of scope as a standard use of a
> notification icon, instead choose by convention the best action for a
> click. Most apps use this to show/hide the main interface. You could
> just show the preferences dialog, which is the best convention imho.
> For instance, wicd does this. Mail-notification lets you choose which
> action to do like "check up mails", "open mail client" or "show
> preferencse dialog".

Wicd actually shows the Connect dialog, not the actual preferences. I'd
rather see preferences as an option in the right click context menu.

The left button could maybe show a different menu with options to
suspend and hibernate (if these are enabled in the session manager
settings) and possibly battery information or statistics. I think g-p-m
has something like this.