some quick notes on xfce4-power-manager 0.6.4

Auke Kok auke at foo-projects.org
Mon Mar 9 18:05:15 CET 2009

Ali Abdallah wrote:
> Auke Kok wrote:
>>

>> some notes about xfce4-power-manager -0.6.4:
>>
>> - double clicking the systray icon should call the preferences window
> This is easy to add.
>
>> - there's no 'quit/exit' button in the systray context menu. Allthough
>> not often used, there should be a way to terminate the program.
>>
> You can terminate the program by typing in the terminal
> xfce4-power-manager -q, this will send the DBus quit message to the
> running xfce power manager, personally i don't see a benefit from adding
> such option ni the context menu.

here is one: I just started xfce4-power-manager from the system menu to
take a look at it. When I was done, I couldn't find a quit option
anywhere in either the program or on the systray icon.

now, all my current programs running as systray icon have a "Quit"
option in the context menu. (orage, pidgin, skype etc...)

consistency is key here. please consider adding this.

Auke