Thoughts on Bugzilla

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue Mar 3 21:34:20 CET 2009

Mike Massonnet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some remarks concerning Bugzilla:
>
> - The link "My Bugs" does not list the bugs where you are CC, in fact
>   it only lists the bugs where you are assignee or reporter.

Right.  Bugs that you're CCed on aren't "your bugs."  Just bugs that are
assigned to you are "yours."

You shouldn't be.  xfce-bugs@ is not for all bugs; it's for unassigned
and "communal" bugs.

>   Otherwise any pointers at how to get noticed by new bugs are welcome.

I think Nick has watches set up so he gets mail for everything; you
could ask him how he's done this.

> - The component Xfce: xfce4-terminal can be dropped as it has been
>   moved to svn at archive.

Not really -- all bugs have to have an assigned component, and you can't
delete bugs.  So some new 'orphaned' component would have to be created.
  Not sure it's worth it, unless people have been filing Terminal bugs
there.

	-b