no "settings" menu entry when right clicking on the desktop

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Tue Mar 3 07:04:04 CET 2009

Oliver Lehmann wrote:

> Mike Massonnet wrote:
>

> > How did you install xfdesktop?

./configure --enable-thunar-vfs --enable-thunarx --enable-exo
 --prefix=/usr/local --mandir=/usr/local/man
 --infodir=/usr/local/info/ --build=amd64-portbld-freebsd7.1

This was the correct one.

So what  you are all trying to tell me is probably that I should install
libxfce4menu _before_ installing xfce4-desktop. Why is xfce4-desktop not
enforcing this? I mean I read README now and it is optional for the
application menu - but how do I configure xfce easily without having this
application menu? So I guess it is not that much "optional" or?

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/