no "settings" menu entry when right clicking on the desktop

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Mon Mar 2 17:02:02 CET 2009

Hi,

I wonder why I don't have a "Settings..." menu when right clicking on the
desktop. All I can do is setting up the desktop itself. From previous
xfce versions I know that there was a submenu to configure every part of
xfce or open the xfce-settings-manager itself.

But right now The only chance I see to setup xfce is to open the manager
myself from a xterm window. Is this the intended way or is something on
my system missing/broken and I should have a context menu when clicking
right on my desktop? There are also no applications listed in the context
menu which was the case in previous versions too.

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/