git conversion status update

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 12 22:03:25 CEST 2009

Stephan Arts wrote:
> <snip>
>
> What's the status so far?
> What still needs to be done and when can we move to git?

Required:

1.  Write/port permissions conf files to the new system.
2.  Permissions script testing (and probably bug fixing).
3.  Commit mail script done.
4.  Fix bad encoding of user names in /etc/httpd/conf/auth/profiles

Optional:

5. New cia script for #xfce-commits.

1&2 are me, though help would be appreciated (see
~kelnos/git-perms/git-perms.d/ and ~kelnos/bin/git-commit-perms.rb on
mocha), as I don't know how much time I'll have for this.

3 is Jannis.

4 is anyone who has root on mocha... or if you don't have root, you can
fix up the file and email it to me.  I'm not sure if the encoding of the
file should be utf8 or latin1... whatever php on mocha expects.  If you
want to try to fix the script to always use utf8, it's on mocha,
/var/www/SSL-svn.xfce.org/account/index.php.

5 can be done afterward; doesn't matter if we 'miss' commits on the irc
channel.

	-b