installation errors (duplicate files)

Evaggelos Balaskas ebalaskas at ebalaskas.gr
Thu Jun 11 06:51:47 CEST 2009

Hi all,

i have a question for you all:

i am using subversion r29999 to my (new) (arch)linux box.

I've noticed some errors and i would like some help to understand them.

"/bin/install: will not overwrite just-created"

is some cases like xfce-utils the problem is that xfterm4 is twice in
installation command

  /bin/install -c xfterm4 xflock4 xfmountdev4 xfterm4 xfbrowser4
startxfce4 xfhelp4 '/usr/local/bin'

so i 've just fixed scripts/Makefile to this:

scripts = \
	xflock4 \
	xfmountdev4

bin_SCRIPTS = \
	$(scripts) \
	xfterm4 \
	xfbrowser4 \
	startxfce4 \
	xfhelp4

but in other cases like xfwm4, hide-pressed.png is in many Makefiles and
i need to write a script for this. So i did (what else i could do?).

But i cant figure out why these errors (duplicates) are produced.
Any ideas ?

thanks in advance

PS: Sorry for the bad english