Release manager feeds

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Sun Jul 26 01:38:05 CEST 2009

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 14:39:11 -0700
Auke Kok <auke at foo-projects.org> wrote:

> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> > On 07/25/2009 05:40 AM, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:

> >  >>

> >> Yeah, that'd be cool. Can someone please set that up?
> >
> > Hmm, Auke, is this something you can do?  I don't think I have
> > admin access to the lists.  Jannis, which lists do we need?
> > announce@, xfce@, and.... goodies-dev@?

I've thought about this a bit and I've come to the conclusion that it
would make sense to only send announcements to lists with people
subscribed who care about them. So, for instance if someone releases a
goodie, that doesn't affect anyone else but users, hence announcements
should be sent to announce@ and xfce@ (because most people are not
subscribed to announce@, I guess). If we release something that affects
people developing for thunar (like thunar itself), announcements to
should be sent to announce@, xfce@ and thunar-dev at . If we release
something that affects Xfce developers => announce@, xfce@ and
xfce4-dev at . This treats both, announce@ and xfce@ as general-purpose
lists to which *all* announcements are sent.

That's just how I think though, I don't think we need to enforce a
policy here. Just saying. Long story short, I think we should also
include thunar-dev@ in the lists to which noreply at xfce.org may send
mails. Auke, can you do that?

  - Jannis