Release manager feeds

Brian J. Tarricone brian at tarricone.org
Fri Jul 24 23:18:20 CEST 2009

On 07/24/2009 04:51 AM, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 00:16:48 -0600
> David Mohr<squisher at xfce.org>  wrote:
>
>> - Don't provide a link to the directory, rather to the newly released
>> file directly
>
> I didn't want to break the 72 columns per line rule, so I've split the
> URLs up into filename and download directory. No strong feelings about
> this one.

The 1980s called.  They want their 72-col rule back.

Seriously, who always reads their mail on a 72-col terminal these days?
  (It's a rhetorical question; if anyone answers this in the
affirmative, I will stab you in the face... over the internet.)

Urgh, that's annoying.  It should probably use a fake noreply at xfce.org
address (which should be added to the lists' allowed senders), and then
Reply-To set to the package maintainer.

	-b