Download archive reorganization - DONE!

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Thu Jul 23 02:12:00 CEST 2009

Hey everyone,

our download archive has been reorganized. The new layout does not only
include Xfce releases but also tarballs from individual projects, be
they core applications or goodies.

Before we essentially had this:

  /xfce-x.y.z
    fat_tarballs/
    installers/
   (installer/)
    src/
   (rpm/)
   (srpm/)
   (solaris-sparc/)

Now we have this:

  /xfce
    x.y.z/
      fat_tarballs/
      installers/
      src/
     (rpm/)
     (srpm/)
     (solaris-sparc/)
  /src
    apps/
      terminal/
        0.2/
          terminal-0.2.6.tar.bz2
          terminal.0.2.6.tar.bz2.md5
          terminal.0.2.6.tar.bz2.sha1
          terminal-0.2.8.tar.bz2
    archive/
    art/
    bindings/
    libs/
    panel-plugins/
    thunar-plugins/
    xfce/
      xfwm4/
        4.0/
          xfwm4-4.0.0.tar.gz
          xfwm4-4.0.0.tar.gz.md5
          xfwm4-4.0.0.tar.gz.sha1
        4.6/
          xfwm4-4.6.0.tar.bz2
          xfwm4-4.6.0.tar.bz2.md5
          xfwm4-4.6.0.tar.bz2.sha1
          xfwm4-4.6.1.tar.bz2
          xfwm4-4.6.1.tar.bz2.md5
          xfwm4-4.6.1.tar.bz2.sha1

... and so on. This layout is about the same we use on
bugzilla.xfce.org now. We're also planning to adopt it for our git
repositories, so everything is much more consistent.

We've set up rewrite rules so that most of the old URLs still work.

You can browse it on http://mocha.xfce.org/archive/ or any of the
mirrors as soon as they have been synchronized.

What's next?

  - the goodies release manager is now deprecated and the new release
    manager called Moka will soon be fully available on
    https://release.xfce.org). All releases will be uploaded into the
    new archive layout, there will be RSS feeds for each project (and
    for Xfce as a collection), and there will be short announcements on
    identi.ca/xfce for each release. Stay tuned!

  - the git migration will move forward. Permission control is more or
    less set up now, so we'll hopefully see some progress on this soon.

Thanks for reading and have a good night (or day, depending on your
timezone).

  - Jannis